1. I will not Google high school classmates when I have writer's block.
2. I will regularly "soak my beans." (This advice came from a very wise writer friend who told me that I needed to take a day off from writing each week. She said that creating good stories is like making tender beans--you have to give them time to soak without fussing over them.)
3. I will not call Anne Mazer every time I get stuck on a scene, think of something kind of funny, am worried about a sinus infection, need a pep talk, think of another funny thing, etc. (okay, this may be my most unrealistic resolution).
1. After listening to multiple raves by Ellen and by my daughter Mollie, I hereby resolve to read the Harry Potter series this year. Finally.
2. All seven books. However many thousands of pages. Every single word.
3. I also resolve to remember to eat, sleep, comb my hair, and communicate with my family while reading said series.
4. I resolve to spill ink without spilling blood. (My own, that is.)
5. To collaborate with Ellen Potter again! We don't have an idea yet. Any suggestions?
A huge thank you to all the amazing artists and writers who wrote Creativity Blogs in 2010. You've enriched our lives. And love to someone who shall not be named – you know who you are!!
Have a writing resolution of your own? We'd love to hear it. Post it in the comments below.